Welcome

Welcome to my AS Foundation Portfolio. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my Foundation Portfolio.

Monday 16 April 2012

Evaluation Question Five - How did you attract/address your audience?

- Using Primary Audience Research

My audience wanted to see a product that would primarily keep them entertained through curiosity and a lack of understanding the narrative untill a subtle final reveal. This is the objective for other producs that share a similar genre to what I have created.

The way in which this is evident in my product is that it begins with a low profile action sequence, showing the protagonist fleeing from something unseen to the audience. This cuts to the protagonist leaning against a wall with a cigarette, the editing style I used added to the illusion of the narrative by cutting between these two scenes for a few shots before blending into the rest of the opening sequence of my product. This initiates a flashback sequence and therefore lays the groundwork for what to expect from the rest of the film, that the narrative would maintain entertainment whilst slowing revealing the backstory.

- How I Used Audience Feedback Throughout

The difference between the rough cut of my final product and my actual finished product is the entire first half of the opening sequence. The initial idea was kept but with an action sequence added as an extra prologue to grasp the attention of the audience immediately. I was required to re-shoot the wall scene with the protagonist smoking because in the rough cut it was a single 40 second shot with an unstable camera. Because of the genre of my product I needed more variety in my camera angles and editing so I filmed the sequence three more times and edited it together adding a more captivating technique.

- Final Audience Feedback



- Conclusion Of How I Attracted My Audience

What attracted my audience towards my product is the unique style of editing with a constant irregular pacing and the actual title of the product. Having 'Confusion' as the title for my film confirms what genre it was intending to be but also makes the audience expect a complex and difficult to interpret narrative. The main attraction for my audience is curiosity of what will happen after the sequence I created has finished and wanting to understand the narrative. My product shares similarities with other products of the same genre but displays alot of differences as techniques are 'borrowed' from different genre stereotypes to create a unique final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment